Many parents think about how to decorate the New Year’s table for children, as there are so many recipes. Unlike adults, children do not attach much importance to the food on the New Year’s table. They are interested in the atmosphere of New Year’s Eve, waiting for miracles and fun. This means that New Year’s dishes for children should be prepared not to feed them, but to involve them in the game process.
Features of cooking children’s New Year’s dishes
It’s better to prepare dishes in advance, having previously thought out the menu for the New Year’s table with the children. The ideal option is to do it together with the child. The little one can help bake cookies and decorate salads. Dishes prepared by the child can be presented to grandmothers or friends. Children will be interested in getting together in a noisy company and cooking something for the New Year’s table. It’s a kind of work combined with pleasure. If we talk more seriously about the festive menu for children, then it’s worth preparing something that the child loves, but doesn’t eat every day. It can be even pizza, sausages in dough, or baked potatoes – anything, the main thing is that the child likes it.
Popular New Year’s dishes for kids
There are several most popular dishes that can diversify the New Year’s treats. Here are some of them.
Children’s “Olivier” salad
- 200 g of chicken
- 3 potatoes
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 small onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 fresh cucumber
- 200 g of frozen peas
- Yogurt or sour cream for dressing
- Boil water, place the chicken in it, and cook for about 50 minutes until it is cooked. Boil the potatoes and carrots in a “mundir” and boil the eggs with the peas.
- Cool all the ingredients and cut them into small cubes. Add diced onions and cucumber to the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly, add yogurt or sour cream, and season with salt to taste.
You can arrange the salad in a cooking ring and decorate it with greens. This dish is a great addition to a children’s New Year’s menu, and the recipe is often saved for future use.
The following ingredients are needed:
- 3 processed cheese slices.
- 300g crab meat.
- 150g mayonnaise.
Preparation of a snack for children on New Year’s Eve:
- Grate the processed cheese slices using a large grater, add crab meat to it, dress the mixture with mayonnaise, and add garlic that has been previously crushed through a press.
- Shape the mixture into small mice, roll them in grated crab meat and place them on a colorful platter.
You can use pepper – peas for the eyes of the mice, carrots for the ears, and leftover crab meat for the tail. To decorate the New Year’s dish, you can put small pieces of cheese in the middle of the platter. Store the finished product in the refrigerator and serve it at the table after a couple of hours. You can save this wonderful recipe for a child for New Year’s.
The following ingredients are needed:
- 2 unleavened lavash.
- 600ml milk.
- 2 egg yolks.
- 80g sugar.
- 35g butter.
- 1g vanilla or vanilla sugar.
- Cut the available lavash into as many circles as possible, keeping in mind that the more circles there are, the higher the cake will be. You can do this using a form attached to the sheet of lavash.
- Place each sheet on a pan and dry over low heat. The pan should be hot initially so that the lavash does not change its shape.
- Next, prepare the cream: pour 400 ml of milk into a separate container, add vanilla, sugar, and place on the stove. Bring to a boil, stirring to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the container.
- Pour the remaining milk into the boiling milk on the stove. Also add the egg yolk. Remember to constantly stir the mixture, otherwise the cream will burn.
- When the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat, pour in the butter and mix well. Cover the container and leave it for some time to cool.
- When the cream becomes warm, you can start assembling the cake. Do this immediately in the form, laying the cakes on top of each other, spreading them with cream. Each layer needs to be carefully pressed with your hand so that it doesn’t break – that’s how it should be.
- Put the finished product in the fridge overnight, and in the morning sprinkle the remaining broken lavash on top.
Before decorating the New Year’s table for children, put berries or chocolate on the cake.
Chicken and Mushroom Salad
The following ingredients will be needed:
- 300 g chicken meat.
- 150 g prunes.
- 1 onion.
- 200 g champignons.
- 2 tbsp. oil.
- 100 g sour cream or mayonnaise.
- 1 firm tomato.
- Spices to taste.
The recipe is as follows:
- Boil the chicken in salted water for half an hour. Cool in broth.
- Boil the eggs, wash and clean the mushrooms, and cut them into small cubes.
- Wash the prunes, remove the pits, and pour boiling water over them for 20 minutes.
- Finely slice the onion, heat the oil on the stove and fry the onion. Add the mushrooms, salt, ground pepper, and fry for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Drain the prunes and cut them into small cubes.
- Cut the chicken, peel the eggs and set aside the yolks.
- Take a beautiful dish and layer the prepared ingredients on it. Starting with prunes, then chicken fillet on top, followed by mushrooms. Spread sour cream or mayonnaise on each layer.
You can decorate the salad with pieces of prunes and fresh tomatoes. This dish is perfect for New Year’s recipes for children.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 40 ml of milk.
- 35 g of butter.
- 50 g of sugar.
- 75 g of flour.
- 75 g of starch.
- 1 g of vanilla.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
For the glaze:
- 0.5 egg white.
- 80 g of powdered sugar.
- 10 marshmallows.
- Combine flour, starch and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Sift all dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Mix the dough, add milk, and form a ball. Roll it out on parchment paper into two sheets no more than 0.5 cm thick and cut out cookies with snowman-shaped cookie cutters.
- Remove any excess dough with a spatula, transfer the snowmen with the parchment paper onto a baking sheet, and bake for about 12 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. They should be light in color.
- Cool the finished cookies and start making the glaze.
- Whisk the egg white and powdered sugar until you get a thick, glossy glaze.
- Place the cookies on a festive dish, pour a spoonful of glaze onto the center of each snowman, and place a marshmallow on top. Let it set.
- You can color the cookies with dye using a fine brush. Let the paint dry. This dish will definitely become a decoration of the New Year’s table for children.
These recipes for children for the New Year are very delicious, beautiful, and healthy. Your child will be delighted if you ask them to help you make cookies or decorate the salad before serving it.
You may also be interested in other articles: